Help and Support > DCM Help

(FIXED) The 'Upload File' via the download site is not working ...

(1/2) > >>

Yoc:
Just a note that we are aware that those trying to upload their scans via the 'Upload File' method using the link are NOT seeing the CONFIRM button after hitting PREVIEW.
The books are NOT arriving on the site for us to approve.  Once the problem is fixed we will let you know.

My apologies to Freddyfly and Fett who have especially been using this method for uploading.  The FTP option is still working for those with access.

Stay tuned,
-Yoc

laserguy:
I uploaded Dell 4-Color #001 late last night and I got the confirm at the end so it appeared that the upload worked.  Since it was my first attempt at uploading to a forum, I sent a pm to Zog since he was online at the time and asked that he check it to see if I had uploaded correctly or not and to make suggestions for improvement or tell me what I needed to do to fix if not correctly done.  He sent me a pm back saying he would check it this morning and let me know.  I didn't hear back from him so now I don't know if the upload actually made it or not. Please check and let me know.  Thanks.

Yoc:
Hi Laser,
I just checked and your upload didn't take, sorry.  There hasn't been any new uploads done via the Upload File link since the server move.  I tried a test upload myself earlier tonight and it failed to ask for a confirm.

Note the Dell 4-Colour books are not all in the PD.  They are particularly hard to check from what Aussie tells me so not all of them will go live.  It might save time if perhaps you posted a list of what books you wanted to share to Aussie in a PM first.  Thanks for the offering, we welcome uploads when they are pre-1960, American and in the public domain.  It's making sure they are PD that's the hard part!

Stay tuned and we'll let you all know when the link is fixed again and go from there.
-Yoc

laserguy:
Actually the upload did take just not here.  My upload is resting in the GAC museum.  For some reason the upload link at the top of the DCM museum is/was linked to the GAC museum so my upload ended up there instead of here.  Before somebody gets the idea that I uploaded to the wrong site accidentally, I can assure you I didn't.  I don't have any bookmarks or links to that site at all.  The ones I had, I deleted the day I joined this site.  I only dropped in over there tonight to check on the response to a couple of posts from a week ago and I was checking some stats on the museum page when I ran across my upload.  To get there, I actually typed the url into my browser so I know I wasn't on their site when I uploaded last night.  Trust me when I say, posting over there was the last thing I intended to do.

When I found it, I thought that possibly both sites were linked to the same storage, but when I logged in here and checked my upload wasn't here.  Since it's now resting in their museum, somebody must have checked PD status of it.  Anyway I'll PM Aussie with my list and let him decide as you suggest.

Yoc:
While I find it unfathomable that anything uploaded via our Upload File link would be auto added to GAC - I guess stranger things could happen... I'll try another test on my own tomorrow and see if it shows on GAC.

Last I heard GAC had lost their staff PD status checkers when DCM started.  Aussie500 (a nice woman in Australia) and JohnC were the PD status experts there and now work here.  Aussie will check your list and we will get back to you on them.  If you have any other non-Dell scans of titles already cleared for the site you can upload those without much worry once the darn link is fixed again.  If they are scans you've found in your travels online please try and include the original scanner's name in the file name at the end ie: 'xxxxx-name'.

Thanks for being patent with us,
-Yoc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version