developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Action #1 Original Art  (Read 4457 times)

Offline GeneYas

• DCM Member
Re: Action #1 Original Art
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »
In its current state, you're absolutely right, Gene. The discussion prior to May 20th was in regard to a former state of the reconstruction. If you go to the top of the thread and click on the link THERE, you'll see what we were talking about.

Peace, Jim (|:{>

That's what I did. I feel that the one on the CGC site is more plausible.

The yellowing looks like yellowing from glue.
It has no centering symbols.... neither does the page above from 1948.

Gene

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
Um, why would there be glue marks around the entire border of the artwork, Gene? And why would anyone draw a comic-book-sized box around a cover image? Crop marks, yes. Those allow for misregistration in printing, but a box is plain fool-hearty. Sorry, either of those aspects would make me discount the artwork immediately.

Agree with you on the registration marks being wrong on the reworked version. There was never a need for them on comic books as the coloring was always done using reduced stats and the coloring would be the only aspect that required registration.

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline GeneYas

• DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 08:12:28 AM »
Um, why would there be glue marks around the entire border of the artwork, Gene? And why would anyone draw a comic-book-sized box around a cover image? Crop marks, yes. Those allow for misregistration in printing, but a box is plain fool-hearty. Sorry, either of those aspects would make me discount the artwork immediately.

Agree with you on the registration marks being wrong on the reworked version. There was never a need for them on comic books as the coloring was always done using reduced stats and the coloring would be the only aspect that required registration.

The authentic Batman #11 has a box around it.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=817&Lot_No=6424#Photo

If the box is a problem, the glue could have been there to attach a border to get rid of the box.

I just think you guys are being extremely tough on the photoshop piece.

Gene