developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: PD law - 'Manufacturing consent and copyright law'  (Read 7459 times)

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
Re: PD law - 'Manufacturing consent and copyright law'
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »
Were copyrights renewed on Pines Dinky Duck comics? Dinky was from CBS

I see a bunch of renewals (thankfully, it's post-1950, so I can search the database instead of guessing at years!) for some Dinky Duck periodicals from 1951 through 1958, so while I couldn't say for sure, it's a pretty good bet.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »
Thanks my Dinky will have to stay unscanned

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »
Right.  This is a family show, after all...

Meanwhile, getting back to the original topic, for those who care.  I took my questions and found an contact page for the folks at the Library of Congress.  Good news is they got back to me quickly.  Bad news is they decided simple factual questions ("where would I find a list of works whose deposit was demanded?") were "too complex" for e-mail, and directed me to their phone number.

That, admittedly, weirds me out.  "This might be too complicated to type out whenever we have free time, because you're not a priority, so let's get together on the phone so that we can dedicate a resource to answering your questions live when he or she could be doing normal work" doesn't quite follow for me...

Even so, I'll give it a shot during the week and see what I can squeeze out of them with regard to the deposit requirements.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 09:03:34 AM »
Ha Ha

BTW remember when dealing with any government agency justify their job is their top priority. If they are needed to talk to you for hours on the phone they must be essential employees.

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »
Granted, but I had also assumed that basic human laziness, coupled with the ability to say "I have a taxpayer question to research" whenever they want, would make e-mail more palatable.  Plus, I'm used to government agencies just wanting you to go away as quickly as possible...

Anyway, if I get a chance to call, I'll report back whatever I learn.