Help and Support > DCM Help

How do I view .cbr or cbz files (FAQ)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Zog:
I'm not sure what problems Poztron is having.

I run windows7 and CDisplay works fine, of all the readers I have tried Cdisplay is still the best.

If on the other hand you want something with a bit more....functionality, this works well on Win7 as well.

mydailymanga
and you get it from here

http://www.mydailymanga.com/2008/06/21/manga-reading-tool/

I run windows7 64 bit version, on some of my other machines I run win7 32 bit, and they both run Cdisplay, as well as mydailymanga.

Zog

JVJ (RIP):
How do you like Windows 7, Zog?
My latest computer has 64 bit Vista and I HATE it. I'm thinking of upgrading, but am always leery of being an early adopter. Still, I can't think of anything worse than Vista. It's a dog AND a hog, and I'm either going to have to return back to XP-Pro or go forward. Any critiques or comments on W7?

Thanks, Jim (|:{>

Zog:
Absolutely get windows 7, compared to Vista it's ...just better.

Vista had issues, I had to reinstall Vista about 4 times, so far win7 had been rock steady.
There is less interference from the thing, none of that "do you want to bloody continue " rubbish

Easier all round to run and modify.

Much, much less of a resource hog.

Zog

Poztron:

--- Quote from: Zog on April 11, 2010, 03:56:45 PM ---I'm not sure what problems Poztron is having.

I run windows7 and CDisplay works fine, of all the readers I have tried Cdisplay is still the best.

If on the other hand you want something with a bit more....functionality, this works well on Win7 as well.

mydailymanga
and you get it from here

http://www.mydailymanga.com/2008/06/21/manga-reading-tool/

I run windows7 64 bit version, on some of my other machines I run win7 32 bit, and they both run Cdisplay, as well as mydailymanga.

Zog

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link, Zog. I'll retry installing CDisplay and if that doesn't work, I'll try the manga reader.

It is possible that I just got derailed from the listed comic readers in the FAQ because when I went to their download sites none of them listed Windows 7 as supported. (And I'm being cautious about what I download and install on my friend's PC in his absence.) But what you say sounds promising.  Thank you.

(As I write this, I'm back on my Mac at home. Will give it a go later tonight on the PC.)

Poztron:
Just to update my experience.... I was able to successfully install CDisplay on the PC the second time, so my thanks to you who prodded me to retry. A bit of a...um...rudimentary program, but it gets the job done.

In any case, my house-sitting spell is over and I'm back to my Mac with FFView and Simple Comic. Both of them are quite nice, IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version