- +

Author Topic: bchat's uploads  (Read 10508 times)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: bchat's uploads
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 12:20:25 PM »
Atomic Rabbit #5 is now available for downloading!

Thanks bchat for the up.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 12:20:25 PM »

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »
Uploaded to the site:  Supermouse issues 44 & 45 (Better/Nedor/Standard/Pines)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 05:11:28 PM by Geo »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Thank you bchat for the up's.

Folks they are both now available for downloading!!

Geo

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
Just re-up'd Supermouse #45, it seems it was MIA from the download site for some reason.
But anyway it back for your downloading pleasure.

Geo

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:09 AM »
Uploaded to the site:  
Atomic Mouse 5, 7, 9, 24, 25, 50 and 52 (Charlton)
Supermouse 29 (Better/Nedor/Standard/Pines)
Don Winslow 58 (Fawcett)
Clue Comics 12 (Hillman) paper
Crime and Punishment 38 (Lev Gleason/Comics House)

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 12:07:57 PM »
Wow, very cool.
Thanks BC, I'll look into these now.
:)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
Thanks bchat, that was a bunch of books, WOW!!

Geo

Offline krankyboy

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 02:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the Clue Comics 12, bchat!  :D

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
You're welcome, guys!  I'm surprised that three days dedicated to scanning didn't burn me out.

krankyboy - Glad you appreciate the Clue 12.  I really like Nightmare, and even though he appears in his later, lesser costume, I was still  happy to get that issue and share it with everyone.

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »
I noticed some people were having problems with (at least) Clue Comics 12, Don Winslow 58 & Crime & Punishment 38 (jhegenbe & glammazon left comments for Clue 12).  Using CDisplay and leaving the files as "zips", I have no problems at all, but then again, it was my pc that they were created on so I don't expect there would be.  I'm just curious if anyone else had problems with the files.

Offline krankyboy

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:30 PM »
You're welcome, guys!  I'm surprised that three days dedicated to scanning didn't burn me out.

krankyboy - Glad you appreciate the Clue 12.  I really like Nightmare, and even though he appears in his later, lesser costume, I was still  happy to get that issue and share it with everyone.

Nightmare is absolutely one of my favorite heroes from the Golden Age. His original costume is fantastic -- far better than the updated super suit they gave him after the first several issues. But I'm glad to have as many stories with Nightmare and Sleepy as I can (and paper scans are always a plus). And I really appreciate that you scanned Clue 12 for us. I can still remember the problems you had with Clue 5 (which features my favorite Nightmare & Sleepy story) smelling like a cat box. Yuck.

I had no problems with Clue Comics #12, by the way. I used stuffit expander, and everything came out fine.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:52:30 PM by krankyboy »

Offline NobbyNobbs

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:24 AM »
I use ComicRack to organize & read comics, and for some reason, to be able to read your scans, I need to batch change the picture files from jpg to jpg ???
Don't know what are different with your jpeg's from the other scanners on this site, but at least ComicRack have problems with them.

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:49 AM »
I use ComicRack to organize & read comics, and for some reason, to be able to read your scans, I need to batch change the picture files from jpg to jpg ???
Don't know what are different with your jpeg's from the other scanners on this site, but at least ComicRack have problems with them.

Thanks for responding.  It's always helpful to know exactly what problems people are having so that I can address them if possible.  There's something I am going to try with future scans that may address this issue.

krankyboy - Glad you appreciate the Clue 12.  I really like Nightmare, and even though he appears in his later, lesser costume, I was still  happy to get that issue and share it with everyone.

Nightmare is absolutely one of my favorite heroes from the Golden Age. His original costume is fantastic -- far better than the updated super suit they gave him after the first several issues. But I'm glad to have as many stories with Nightmare and Sleepy as I can (and paper scans are always a plus). And I really appreciate that you scanned Clue 12 for us. I can still remember the problems you had with Clue 5 (which features my favorite Nightmare & Sleepy story) smelling like a cat box. Yuck.

I had no problems with Clue Comics #12, by the way. I used stuffit expander, and everything came out fine.

Yes, issue 12 was much better to deal with than issue 5 was.  I wish Hillman had stuck with the original costume for Nightmare's entire run.  Maybe the change was due to the artist getting tired of drawing all the bones on the costume, in which case they should have just tweaked it a little bit rather than changing it altogether.

And thanks for letting me know that Clue 12 worked alright for you, and which program you use.  The more I know, the better chance I have of figuring-out what's going wrong on my end.

Offline krankyboy

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
It would've been nice if they'd at least kept Nightmare's skull mask, at least. Oh well. Perhaps that was one of the things that hastened the strip's eventual demise, which is a shame.

Twilight had a unique costume as well in Clue Comics. Can't remember there being too many other superheroes with a long-haired mullet in the forties.  ;)

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 07:13:24 AM »
Uploaded to the site:  
Supermouse 12 (c2c), 16, 19, 23 & 32 (Better/Nedor/Standard/Pines)