developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: bchat's uploads  (Read 10514 times)

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
bchat's uploads
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »
Uploaded to the main site: Atomic Mouse v1 26 (Charlton: May 1958), Supermouse 25 & 36 (Better/Nedor/Standard)

NOTE:  The issue numbers in Atomic Mouse folder are inconsistent.  I've numbered issue 26 to follow what had initially been established.  Since Atomic Mouse has had several volumes throughout the years, I feel that keeping the "V1" in the download name is a good idea, but that's just me.

ALSO:  I'ld like to add Atomic Mouse # 45, but this issue's cover date was "November 1961", well past the " Dec 1959" cut-off.  Should I not bother uploading this?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:06:14 PM by bchat »

Digital Comic Museum

bchat's uploads
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »

Offline Zog

• Curator
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
Re: bchat's uploads
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

ALSO:  I'ld like to add Atomic Mouse # 45, but this issue's cover date was "November 1961", well past the " Dec 1959" cut-off.  Should I not bother uploading this?

I have no issues with uploading the thing...we should not be set in our ways, as long as the thing is PD, go for it, it's a continuation of a golden age run.

Offline Astaldo711

• Crazy old coot
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
You wasted no time bchat!  :P  (love these smileys)
"I'm the Holiday Armadillo, your part Jewish friend!"

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15:12 PM »

I have no issues with uploading the thing...we should not be set in our ways, as long as the thing is PD, go for it, it's a continuation of a golden age run.

Ok, good to know.  I just wanted to make sure how you guys felt before I uploaded it.

Uploaded some more to the site: Atomic Mouse v1 46 (Charlton: Nov 1961).

Also added Atomic Mouse v1 22 (Charlton).  This is an update to the previous file (which only had one), containing all the stories from that issue.  I forgot to note that Atomic Mouse 22 was "not my scans".

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
You wasted no time bchat!  :P  (love these smileys)

I patiently waited all day for the announcement that the site was working.  I want to get these books out there so people can enjoy them, and while some people have downloaded them from my 4shared folder, the books will reach more people being on this site.

And yeah, the smileys are cool.  I may have to use one of these days!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »
bchat,
post 1959 books are going to be placed for safe keeping in a non-public folder.  Members wont be seeing them until a final decision on the idea and process to confirm they are PD is decided among the staff.

So don't be upset if you don't see them go live.
-Yoc

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
bchat,
post 1959 books are going to be placed for safe keeping in a non-public folder.  Members wont be seeing them until a final decision on the idea and process to confirm they are PD is decided among the staff.

So don't be upset if you don't see them go live.
-Yoc

Well, if I get too upset, I'm sure my girls will be more than willing to give me a hug until I settle-down.

Just so you're aware (not looking to burden you with stuff so early), here's the cover-dates of two other Atomic Mouse issues on the site:
issue 43 - July 1961
issue 47 - April 1962

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »
Thanks bchat.
Funny, my set of scans for BB44 already had that story.
I checked the site and it's complete there too with a file name that says-
Blue_Beetle_044__Sep_Oct1946__Fox__larger_fills_Jon__bchat.rar

So not sure where the mix-up came but it's complete on DCM so no worries.

Hey Yoc, I thought I'ld address this at the new site instead of the back-up forum.

I never scanned the Bronze Man story for BB 44 to save myself time.  I initially just used what GAC already had (which was only the Bronze Man story) plus the rest of the book, which I scanned myself.  I think Freddyfly added a newer scan of Bronze Man at some point, combining that with what I scanned to create a newer file.  For my 4shared folder, I didn't want to mix my scans with someone else's on a single file, so I finally scanned the B-Man story to create a new file that I felt better about sharing.  I didn't see the point in uploading it to another site since what's available somewhere else & here should be good enough.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
Ahhhh, this is a case where we would pull the merged copy and call it 'bchat version'.
Thanks for clearing up the mystery for us.  I was scratching my head and that's not a good thing!  Not with what little hair is left up there!  ::)

If you wanted to upload it on DCM please feel free with perhaps '-bchat c2c ver' at the end of the file name or something so downloaders can figure it as different than the current one.

Thanks for the Supermouse uploads, they are now live.  Those Atomic Mouse books without the volume numbers, did you know what should be added?  I haven't collected any of them to check.

-Yoc

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
Ahhhh, this is a case where we would pull the merged copy and call it 'bchat version'.
Thanks for clearing up the mystery for us.  I was scratching my head and that's not a good thing!  Not with what little hair is left up there!  ::)

If you wanted to upload it on DCM please feel free with perhaps '-bchat c2c ver' at the end of the file name or something so downloaders can figure it as different than the current one.

I'm downloading the version on DCM now and I'll compare that with mine version tomorrow (it's late and I should be getting to bed soon).  If it doesn't look as if a full version by me is going to make the file as a whole better for people reading it, I'ld rather not bother.

Thanks for the Supermouse uploads, they are now live.  Those Atomic Mouse books without the volume numbers, did you know what should be added?  I haven't collected any of them to check.

-Yoc

Just "v1" between the title and issue number.  And I have to point-out that I messed-up the numbering of Atomic Mouse 26 by only typing "Atomic Mouse v1 26" and not "026", so currently, the issues are out of sequence.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »
Fixed, thanks for pointing these out bchat.
:)

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Uploaded to the main site:

Unsorted Files:
Cosmo Cat 2 (1959 Norlen Magazines)
 Don't get excited, Cosmo Cat fans, as the title character only appears on the cover.

Novelty:
4Most v6 n5

Charlton:
Atomic Mouse 38

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 12:00:24 AM »
Going up soon bchat!  Our many thanks for helping!
:)

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
Uploaded to the main site:

Charlton:
Atomic Mouse v1 003 & Atomic Mouse v1 004, plus Atomic Rabbit # 3

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators