- +

Author Topic: Virus Downloads??  (Read 7504 times)

Offline gafaicheng

• DCM Member
Virus Downloads??
« on: April 11, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »
Hi guys,
first, thanks for such a great site! It's my absolute favorite! The Golden Age will live on forever!

Question: I haven't downloaded in a long time, but now, whenever I try to download a comic, I get a "virus download warning" and the download stops. This never happened before. I haven't changed my settings.

Any suggestions? I'd love to keep my collection updated.

Many thanks!
Derek

Digital Comic Museum

Virus Downloads??
« on: April 11, 2023, 09:04:28 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Virus Downloads??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 03:04:16 PM »
Hi Derek,
We don't believe there's a problem with the files on the site.  We've only heard something like this one other time.  There should be some way of 'ignore and continue' your download.  Or perhaps using a different web browser?

Good luck,
-Yoc

Offline chrisbaker

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 02:08:00 PM »
I just signed up today and, yeah, everything I download is halted by McAfee for having viruses detected. This is obviously a glitch of some sort, but it's the case.

Offline SuperScrounge

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • The KAMics
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 03:08:38 PM »
Yeah, there is a known glitch where downloading anything gets stopped because of an alleged virus detection.

The first time I looked up info on it I found a way to stop it and it worked once, then went back to the download glitch and never worked again.

Offline lazarus06

• Super Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 05:34:36 PM »
I was having the same problem with downloading from the site on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. I tried Firefox and was able to download from the site with no virus warning.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 07:43:56 PM »
Members might look if there's a 'white list' in your anti-virus software for sites that you want to allow downloads from even if they might otherwise be flagged.
As I mentioned, I've never had nor heard of anyone getting something nasty on one of our files.

-Yoc