DCM Download Site > New Uploads

agentdynamo's uploads

<< < (2/9) > >>

agentdynamo:
Thrilling_Comics_005_(paper)_-upgrade.cbz

Scanned from a complete paper copy.
* Inner covers and internal pages are scanned at 300 dpi with a higher compression ratio than before with no apparent loss of quality
* Front and back covers are from a Heritage Auctions 8.5 copy for better cover quality and colors

Yoc:
Now Up!

Thanks very much AD!  I especially enjoy seeing earlier books like this one.  :)

Your file sizes have been just fine for DCM.  Please don't feel you have to compress your files more to make things easier on our side.
Max cbz file sizes are encouraged to be around 175MB but can go up to 200 if needed.  Bigger than that we suggest breaking a book into two parts.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Yoc:
By the way, if you'd like someone to work on fixing the damaged ifc and splash page of your Thrilling #5 feel free to upload your raw scans of those pages as a zip file the site and we can take care of adding the new fixed versions to the existing cbz already on the site.

Stay well,
-Yoc

agentdynamo:

--- Quote from: Yoc on December 23, 2022, 07:49:31 AM ---Your file sizes have been just fine for DCM.  Please don't feel you have to compress your files more to make things easier on our side.
Max cbz file sizes are encouraged to be around 175MB but can go up to 200 if needed.  Bigger than that we suggest breaking a book into two parts.

--- End quote ---

I checked extensively for any compression artifacts and could not find any. JPG compression typically shows artifacts in high contrast or fine detail areas, such as black title lettering against a yellow background. Due to the nature of the original printing process, the high resolution used and the aging of the source material, these are medium contrast images at best, allowing the great compression ratio.

There is some black ink shadowing in the images which I confirmed to be in the original print using 3.5x magnifiers.

I will continue to check compressed images for any degradation before posting.

agentdynamo:

--- Quote from: Yoc on December 23, 2022, 08:24:42 AM ---By the way, if you'd like someone to work on fixing the damaged ifc and splash page of your Thrilling #5 feel free to upload your raw scans of those pages as a zip file the site and we can take care of adding the new fixed versions to the existing cbz already on the site.

--- End quote ---

Sure, I have already sent the raw scans to the intrepid reconstruction volunteer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version