- +

Author Topic: Master Comics 023 [re-edit]  (Read 707 times)

Offline Support Bot

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • Just a bot of DCM
    • Digital Comic Museum
Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
« on: November 26, 2021, 05:00:37 PM »
Comic Name: Master Comics 023 [re-edit] (184.28 MB)
Description: This is a RE-EDIT of the EKR raw scans from 2012.
Paper and 1 fiche page.
---
Comic and scans from the Erwin K Roberts Collection - edits by Yoc
Thanks to Erwin for scanning the rest of his prized comic for posterity!

Part of the 'Fawcett Friday' flood November 2021.
Uploaded by: Yoc
Upload Date: 2021-11-26 17:00:37
https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/thumbnails/32699.jpg
Go to Download Page
View Comic Online

Digital Comic Museum

Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
« on: November 26, 2021, 05:00:37 PM »

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
re: Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 05:00:37 PM »
Comment made at: Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
Hello Everybody,

Oh does this comic bring back memories. I bought the issue from a well known dealer in early 1969. (Wish I could now remember which dealer.) The guy was honest in his mailer. The cover was starting to fall apart. The page edges were stained. I wondered if the interior pages would start to fall apart, like the cover. I took a chance and sent to six dollars he asked for.

I was a college senior then at what is now the University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg. One of the classes I was taking, actual name not remembered, but it involved preparing materials for use in giving classes, speeches, and such. As soon as I could get the loose and crumbling cover to college I laminated it, with all the chunks and crumbs I could find in the shipping envelope. I even got some extra credit for doing it.

Fast forward almost fifty years, I offered to scan the first ever Captain Marvel, Jr. solo story for an origin collection getting put together at the Digital Comic Museum. Shortly thereafter I scanned the rest of the issue. Now Yoc has improved the scans. Thank you, Yoc.

Today my original Master Comics #23 spends most of its time resting in a short comic box on shelves I built in the basement. I can read the great issue at DCM anytime we've got power, just like you!

Best,

Erwin K. Roberts

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
re: Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 04:02:55 PM »
Comment made at: Master Comics 023 [re-edit]
Hi Erwin.  Thanks for sharing the background story of this comic with us.  It's collectors such as yourself that have helped make DCM's collection the wonderful resource that it has become!  I hope your words inspire other collectors to think about their own books and perhaps consider scanning or letting a trusted scanner here scan their books for them.  We've still got many holes to fill and small or incomplete scans to upgrade.