General Category > General Discussion

New Changes to The Vintage Inkwell Academy for 2021

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Ghost Man:

Alright lads and lasses, just a quick update on the progress so far. This is a massive project that I had to split into 5 separate stages as follows:

Stage One - Redesign site completely, build mock-up and create new theme completely from scratch. - COMPLETED

Stage Two - Perform content redesign changes, test in 5 different devices and adjust as necessary- COMPLETED

Stage Three - Export and Import over all books and ensure all links are working. Change over contact email and form. - IN PROGRESS

Stage Four - Write and edit brand new post. Review and re-edit all old posts, update images as necessary. - IN PROGRESS

Stage Five - Review and test, then perform SEO set-ups and adjustments. - IN PROGRESS

Finale - Grand opening of new site. - IN PROGRESS

This has been quite the endeavour but I am over the moon at the way it's turning out so far, and the changes will be visually mind-blowing for new and old visitors. I've spent quite a lot of time and effort into thinking through and producing the best experience for the audience. Unfortunately my illustration studies have been put on the back-burner in order to accomplish this renovation as well as everything else.

Yoc:
Wow, good luck with all this GM.
It sounds like a huge job on your plate.

:)

The Ghost Man:

Greetings all, just an update on the new TVIA site progress so far. It's been a lot of work so far, but it's going well, and I'm trying to get it done as soon as possible. I'll say one thing, you gotta be nuts to want to do this for a living and I can't wait to get back to drawing studies.

Stage One - Redesign site completely, build mock-up and create new theme completely from scratch. - COMPLETED

Stage Two - Perform content redesign changes, test in 5 different devices and adjust as necessary - COMPLETED

Stage Three - Export and Import over all books and ensure all links are working. Change over contact email and form. - COMPLETED

Stage Four - Write and edit brand new post. Review and re-edit all old posts, update images as necessary. - IN PROGRESS, three out of 5 have been completed so far.

Stage Five - Review and test, then perform SEO set-ups and adjustments. - IN PROGRESS

Finale - Grand opening of new site. - IN PROGRESS

Yoc:
Hi GM,
Looks like you've made some real progress.  Hang in there!

-Yoc

The Ghost Man:
Greetings again all,
           Just popping in quick with another progress update. Things are shaping up well so far and my last post rewrite is over at my editor's getting the once over. As soon as it comes back I compose it all in the website  builder and publish it out. I'm very close to the relaunch and thank everyone for their patience.

Stage Two - Perform content redesign changes, test FOR 5 different computer OR mobile devices and adjust as necessary - COMPLETED

Stage Three - Export and Import over all books and ensure all links are working. Change over contact email and form. - COMPLETED

Stage Four - Write and edit brand new post. Review and re-edit all old posts, update images as necessary. - ALMOST COMPLETED, 4 out of 5 have been completed so far and I'm working on the last.

Finale - Grand opening of new site. - COMING VERY SHORTLY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version