developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Heroic 085  (Read 298 times)

Offline Support Bot

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • Just a bot of DCM
    • Digital Comic Museum
Heroic 085
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Comic Name: Heroic 085 (21.07 MB)
Description: One of the first two Golden Age comics I ever bought (along with Atlas' Men in Action #3 - wish I could share that one...), is now posted!

Heroic Comics #85 (July 1953) features a cornucopia of artists from Sam Glanzman and H.G. Peter, to Ed Moore and Bill Walton. Among the typical war stories is the sad little tale of 13-year old Richard Tweddell, illustrated by Glanzman. This story has always stuck out to me, and is certainly the most memorable tale in the book.

-Eric
Uploaded by: srca1941
Upload Date: 2011-10-26 11:38:53
https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/thumbnails/16123.jpg
Go to Download Page
View Comic Online

Digital Comic Museum

Heroic 085
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline KSlideWhistler

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
re: Heroic 085
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:38:53 AM »
Comment made at: Heroic 085
Hey, thanks for uploading this.  My mom's older brother Richard Tweddell was in Heroic #85, "No Greater Sacrifice". I remember growing up looking at her copy but it's been years that I have seen it.   I am pretty sure her comic was damaged at one point during a move so it was nice to be able to show her again.  The 2 panel story is pretty close to what happened. Grandma was saved, mom's older brother passed before ever making it to the hospital.

Thank you again for preserving this history. Looking at this from an adult's eyes makes me appreciate even more the work that went in to drawing those panels and it makes me wonder what moved the artist to choose that story in an era before the internet.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
re: Heroic 085
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 03:03:23 AM »
Comment made at: Heroic 085
And thank-you for sharing K.  It makes this book all the more interesting to hear your words.

-Yoc