developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: A Question about Dell's The Funnies + Riddle/Joke pages  (Read 626 times)

Offline happyhuman

• DCM Member
A Question about Dell's The Funnies + Riddle/Joke pages
« on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »
Hello, I was wondering, I saw that several issues from Dell's The Funnies comics were not uploaded as they contained strips that are not in the public domain (John Carter of Mars and Andy Panda) but the Alley Oop strips are present - I thought that Alley Oop is still copyrighted (as they originally were printed in newspapers and later reprinted in Dell's the Funnies) - am I wrong? are the Alley Oop strips indeed in the public domain?

+ Starting in Dell's The Funnies #21 there was a two page adaptation of The Wonderful Land of OZ, sadly because issues 30-56 are forbidden to upload there is only about half the story, if it is possible, it would be great if the rest of the story could be uploaded

and one last thing, if its ok, a while back I was viewing several comics on the site and came across pages of humorous riddles sent by kids to the magazine but I can't find them again. I saved one of the pages  - If anyone knows please from what comics the page is I appreciate the help

Digital Comic Museum

A Question about Dell's The Funnies + Riddle/Joke pages
« on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:04 AM »