developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: A Question about Fawcett and Quality characters in comics other then DC  (Read 947 times)

Offline happyhuman

• DCM Member
A few years ago I saw in a google search images from a comic featuring Fawcett characters: Captain Midnight, Spymaster, Minute-Man and the Marvel Family but their appearance  was changed, they had no capes and the upper body suit was black.

I'm looking for that comic, I appreciate any help in finding its name

I have the Marvel-Man version of Captain Marvel and Savage Dragons Mighty Man

oh and there's a new version of Mary Marvel as Mary Miracle, which is nice.

+ Do anyone knows if a similer thing have been done with Quality characters?

Thank you

Adam
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 04:34:37 PM by happyhuman »

Digital Comic Museum

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
I know that at least one South American publisher, circa the 1940's, created new stories teaming up the U.S. characters they had licensed. So you got stories like Superman meets the Human Torch.

Down Under one company reprinted a big bunch of Quality Comics characters. Captain Triumph and Manhuntereven had their own titles. At a convention in the late 1960's I got to go thru a number of boxes of Aussie comics. I bought as much original material as I could find, but mostly laid off the U.S. reprints. For some reason I opened an issue of Manhunter and discovered locally produced new stories! My best guess is that when Quality shut down the material to be reprinted dried up.

In the space of about four pages Manhunter, with his dog's help, finished building a VTOL jet plane, resigned from the Police Force, and took off for world wide adventure. (This was a common Aussie comic setup. The Jet Fury book is just one example.) AC Comics has reprinted that story.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
I think you might want to do a search on GCD for those characters and sort by date.
They will show you all the appearances among any publishers.  The black costume version sounds recent.  I recall a recent Capt. Midnight comic with mostly black costumes but that's it.
https://www.comics.org/
Where it says 'series name' click the arrow to the right and choose character and type your search.
Nothing newer than 1959 will be found here.

Good luck!
-yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
It was a CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT one-shot.