- +

Author Topic: Spider-Man comics to read  (Read 1752 times)

Amywoloz

Spider-Man comics to read
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:52:54 AM »
Hello everyone,,
So I've been a huge Spider-Man (respect the hyphen) fan ever since I was little. I've seen all the movies multiple times and grew up on the Raimi movies. But I never read any comics. Where does someone who knows a lot about Spider-Man (Peter Parker) start reading?

Stuff like 'The night Gwen Stacy died'? Or 'Kraven's last hunt'???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:03:32 AM by Captain DJ »

Digital Comic Museum

Spider-Man comics to read
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:52:54 AM »

Offline Rocket Riley

• Repeating Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Spider-Man comics to read
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 08:48:14 PM »
I'd start at the very beginning.  Get yourself a copy of Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spiderman Volume 1.  If you read the stories in order starting with  the origin from Amazing Fantasy 15 you'll see where they took bits and pieces to make the movies.  If you find you like Steve Ditko's artistic style, I would recommend also getting the Marvel Masterworks Doctor Strange volume 1.  Also since we're on the DCM site Ditko's work for Charlton's  Science Fiction and Horror titles in the 1950's is wonderful and thought provoking. 

Offline hufflepuffle

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 11:05:37 PM »
So many good ones. Where to begin? Are you looking for good one issue stories or parts of an ongoing series?

There are tons of good one off issues where the story wraps up nicely. Many of the 60-70s issues of ASM were one off. The Vulture, Green Goblin, Lizard, Doc Octopus, Scorpion, Electro, etc. all feature prominently. Later there were some great crossover stories as well.

The Night Gwen Stacy Died is an important issue in the series, but so is issue #129 The Punisher is introduced or the one introducing Morbius #101 or some of the ones with the black alien suit.

Offline mopee167

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »
Amywoloz, this should keep you busy for a while:

[Link deleted by moderator]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:26:02 PM by OtherEric »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 01:27:01 PM »
Amywoloz, this should keep you busy for a while:

While we appreciate you trying to help the original poster, please don't post links to sites illegally sharing non public domain books.  Thank you.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »
If Amywoloz checks his local library he'll find a LOT of a Spiderman tpb collections at no cost.

-Yoc