- +

Author Topic: Who Would You Send to Rescue Daredevil?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Who Would You Send to Rescue Daredevil?
« on: October 07, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »
For fun, I'm (poorly) drawing a comic book in one of my notebooks. The premise is that an aged, over-the-Hill (get it?) Daredevil ventures into the isolated, rogue nation-state of Ricca to hunt his old enemy, The Claw. Old Bart goes missing and General Battle, as an emissary of the US government, refuses to help. That leaves Bart's daughter, Tana Hill, alone in her quest to rescue her father. That is, until she decides to assemble a rescue team to pull her father out of the island of terror.

I figure she'll need a team of seven (it's a mystical number with superheroes). Three of the spots, I already have filled:

Dread Devil, Tana Hill, daughter of Daredevil.
Sniffer, looking to redeem himself and repay Daredevil for setting him on the straight and narrow.
Moth, my own original character, will be there as a cynical, adventure-tourist.

I'm also reserving two spots for original characters to be named later.

That leaves the final two spots. I thought it might be fun to ask you guys who should take them since I've always enjoyed this community and since I owe the idea and my love of Golden Age comics to this site.

So I ask you, fellow DCM members, (if you have the time to answer) who from the Lev Gleason publications should take the final, two spots for Daredevil's rescue team and why? Keep in mind any characters chosen will be much older than when you last saw them. I will tally the votes on Tuesday, 10/15, and will take the two characters with the most votes and work them into the story.

Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

Moth

Digital Comic Museum

Who Would You Send to Rescue Daredevil?
« on: October 07, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Re: Who Would You Send to Rescue Daredevil?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
One LG strip would not be penalized as much by time as many of the others. That would be Young Robin Hood (with, or without, his band.) Call him Sir Robin of the Hood.

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »
One LG strip would not be penalized as much by time as many of the others. That would be Young Robin Hood (with, or without, his band.) Call him Sir Robin of the Hood.

Thanks, erwin-k! I think Sir Robin would make a great addition to the team. The first vote goes to him!

Offline SuperScrounge

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • The KAMics
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 01:21:35 AM »
Why no mention of his former costars the Little Wise Guys, although with the passage of time they'd probably be the Middle-Aged Wise Guys. ;-)

Offline twiztor

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 03:21:29 AM »
pretty slim pickings with the Lev Gleason characters, but my two suggestions would be the Silver Streak and Captain Battle. there's even history, as they all used to share books.

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
Why no mention of his former costars the Little Wise Guys, although with the passage of time they'd probably be the Middle-Aged Wise Guys. ;-)

I figured the Wise Guys may still be a little hurt by Daredevil's decision to leave them for his "special mission in Tarkabia (Daredevil #69- Ed.). One of them may be able to put those feeling aside to join the rescue mission, though. I'll take this as one vote for a Midde-Aged Wise Guy or two. Thanks, SuperScrounge!

pretty slim pickings with the Lev Gleason characters, but my two suggestions would be the Silver Streak and Captain Battle. there's even history, as they all used to share books.

One vote for Silver Streak and one vote for Captain Battle. Thanks, twiztor!

I'm obviously later than I said I would be with this, but here's the final vote tally:

Young Robin Hood: 1

Wise Guys: 1

Silver Streak: 1

Captain Battle: 1

That leaves a four-way tie for the two open spots on the rescue team. I'm going to eliminate Captain Battle since, in my initial post, I referred to him as "General Battle" and stated that he has refused assistance on behalf of the US Government in this instance. I'm going to have a think on how to break the tie on the other three and reveal the final team line-up tonight.

Thanks, guys!

Offline Atom Al

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »
I know I'm late but since I don't see a final post, I'll put in a vote for Silver Streak.
I always liked speed guys!