developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: An Action Collage...Thing  (Read 1113 times)

Offline JoeNewberry

• VIP
  • DCM Member
An Action Collage...Thing
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
A friend of mine has been working on a banner for the Funny Book Adventures channel.  He's working on the logo and main part that's viewable on all devices.  I'm not an artist, so I decided to tinker around with different ideas for the stuff that can be all over the page, but won't be seen by everybody depending on what they use to look at the channel.  What harm can I cause in the mostly unseeable part?

Rather than just the standard collage of covers or a few random panels, I thought I'd try adding a little action to it, since the idea of the channel is to try to bring these characters to life.  Here is my first attempt.  It's rough, done entirely in MS Paint, but I think it gets the idea across.  I'm hopeful my friend can use this as a jumping off point to doing a much better version in Inkscape or Affinity Designer.

Just thought I'd share.

Digital Comic Museum

An Action Collage...Thing
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Re: An Action Collage...Thing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:01:38 AM »
Nice collage. Great thought in the placement of the different elements. This begs for a Ken Burns style pan & scan animation.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
Very nice work Joe!

Offline JoeNewberry

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
Nice collage. Great thought in the placement of the different elements. This begs for a Ken Burns style pan & scan animation.

Funny you should mention that.  I was thinking this morning that these could be the basis for an opening animation for each episode.

The only problem is I'm having so much fun making these it's distracting me from working on the actual show.  This is why the first one took three years to finish...