- +

Poll

How to download stories on an IPad?

Hello I'm New
1 (100%)
Hello
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Hello I'm New  (Read 2887 times)

Offline waynedouglassmith

• DCM Member
Hello I'm New
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:26:12 PM »
Hello I'm New to DCM! But not new to comics, I guess I began collecting comics when I was 5 years old in 1966,or I should say my father helped a bit with it! LOL. I was a big DC fan,and remember very well the newsstands covered with the "DC Go-Go Checks" I also enjoyed Harvey,Archie,Classics Illustrated,Gold Key,Dell, the only Marvel I liked was Fantastic Four! My favourite DC's were Batman & JLA! We had an old bookstore in my city,that was run by an older man,and I remember the piles of older comics that he had,many from the 1940's and 50's. My father used to say I can buy you one or 2 new comics,or a bunch from the old book store,I almost always said lets go to the old book store! I wanted to ask a question? I don't think it is possible? But here it is! How do you download a story on an IPad? I just wanted to introduce myself,and say how much I like the DCM
Wayne

Digital Comic Museum

Hello I'm New
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:26:12 PM »

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Hello I'm New
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:40 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »
Welcome Wayne.

You need to have a comic reader app installed.  There are many to choose from.  Some free, some not.
Try this link to learn more -  https://bdzmag.actualitte.com/-Comic-Book-Reader-Library-

Good luck,
-Yoc

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:01:41 PM »
I'm not sure that's the question he asked.  He wants to know how to download to a iPad, not read on one. But Ii don't have one and I have no idea how to DL to it.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »
Ah.
Well if it's anything like on my Samsung I use FireFox (or any other web browser) and go to DCM.  Find a book and click the download button.
Files are saved to a download folder.  I find the file, click on it and choose my comic viewer app (already installed) to view it.

Hope that helps.

If an iPad owner out there reads this please feel free to correct or add to the conversation.
-Yoc

Offline waynedouglassmith

• DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »
Hello Thank You for the kind welcome! No Firefox,Safari,Chrome! None of them will let you download on the ipad! Yes i have the comic reader for the files,i can download them from Archive.Org but not here