developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Crazy Hippie Invades!  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Cynicalman

• DCM Member
Crazy Hippie Invades!
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
Hi everybody.

What a Wonderful site!  O0

I see I'll be downloading quite a lot of gems here, so thanks to all involved.

My favorite stuff is the old Horror and Science Fiction.  I'm sure such comics contributed to me studying science and becoming a chemist.  Never was too successful making my monsters though   >:(

I was looking through my collection for anything not here which folks may enjoy , and only found one comic.  I'll see if there's any copyright reasons it's not posted after I see if I can get my old scanner working...

Meanwhile ...  It's nice to be here!

Digital Comic Museum

Crazy Hippie Invades!
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Crazy Hippie Invades!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
Welcome CM, love your avatar!
If you see other issues of your comic on the site it's likely fine to share but if you can't determine what the status is of it just let me known the name and issue number and we can try and see if it's safe.

Enjoy all the goodies!
-Yoc

Offline Cynicalman

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I did see a run of the title with a key issue missing, and one I happen to have.  Was going to make it a surprise, but it's Lawbreakers Suspense Stories #11 - the one Overstreet's lists as the "Severed Tongues and Negligee Cover"

A Classic bit of Pre-Code Excess   >:D

I figured if 10, and 12 - 15 were posted, but not 11, there may be a reason. 

As for the avatar - it's ... Cynicalman!  From "The Amazing Cynicalman!" By Matt Feazell.  A truly amusing comic of the recent era.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
Hi CM,
Sure, PLEASE DO scan your book - we'd LOVE to fill that hole.
There's a detailed scanning tutorial (click here) which also has info like how to name jpg files (number them at the start of the file name). 
And be sure to check the visual uploading tutorial (click here) for details on how to upload.

If you have any questions after that just let me know and I'll help you out.

-Yoc

Offline Cynicalman

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
I'll see how the scanner talks to the new-ish computer and if they get along I'll scan the book.  Haven't had it out for a long time.  It's due for a re-read, so may as well get it archived at the same time.

Those tutorials will help - I never made a cbr file before - but have changed the extension to rar and extracted an image sequence.  So I have a bit of a head start on how they're put together  8)

I'll certainly ask if I run into any problems!

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
Welcome cy and we look forward to your contribution. Check with Tilliban if you need any horror advice. If you happen to have any Charlton's between 1960-1968 they will be OK for CB+

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »
Hi CM,
If possible a Zip or Cbz file works better for most users of the site but rar/cbr is still acceptable if that's you only option.

Offline Cynicalman

• DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the tips narfstar and Yoc.  I'll look for Charltons and remember the cbz tip.

So far the old scanner doesn't like the new computer  (actually, it's an Ancient scanner and an Old computer, so I'm not surprised).  Saw in another thread that Rangerhouse may be able to help.  If all else fails, I'll definitely consider that option as I am not sure if I'll destroy the book in the scanning.

Still having way too much fun playing in the archives  ^-^

Thanks again for such a wonderful site!