- +

Author Topic: Help me to find this comics  (Read 1505 times)

Offline gvmuthu

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Help me to find this comics
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:25 AM »
Dear Friends,

I have a comic book (paper book), in which I found an interesting comics - it is a computer finding solutions based on given inputs. I am trying to find out the original name of this comics and get more stories if possible. I have attached the sample page from the comics book for reference. Sorry for the bad quality, i have used my mobile camera.

Thank you...

Digital Comic Museum

Help me to find this comics
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:25 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Help me to find this comics
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:27:09 AM »
Sorry, no clue.  GCD doesn't list any stories of that title either.
https://www.comics.org/

-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:12:34 AM »
That's definitely a Brit comic.  I tried looking it up thru the word "Entwhistle" and got some hits for KNOCKOUT but that's way too early.  I don't have a clue.

Offline gvmuthu

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:02:15 AM »
Yes friends, it is a British comics for sure - I also tried using many keywords from the story in google but it failed. let's see if any other members got any idea..
Thanks for the efforts...

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 06:07:42 PM »
It's not an ID, but I found this interesting blog post about an Indian publisher who reprinted Fleetway material like The Steel Claw. One of the features mentioned is "Number 13 Marvel Street."

http://muthufanblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
I got another hit on a French site. The author states that Bill Lacey drew "No. 13 Marvel Street" for "Look and Learn:"

On le retrouve ensuite dans la revue "Look and Learn" avec des séries comme The man from yesterday, Jason January, Space Cadet, The Maze Master ou Space Ranger, mais surtout Eagles Over the Western Front, Man Who Searched for Fear et No. 13 Marvel Street.

These series appeared in England in the early/middle 1970s. Any Look and Learn experts out there?

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 06:27:14 PM »
Sorry to bore you with three in a row... "No. 13 Marvel Street" did indeed appear in Look and Learn. This comes from a comment to a blog post on a Jules Verne site, posted by one Luke Blanchard:

Another Look and Learn strip from the post-"Ranger" section period was "The Man Who Searched for Fear"; Bear Alley Books is about to release a collection of this, which also includes "Agent of the Queen" by the same artist, Bill Lacey. (I thought the Bear Alley Blog was going to run the latter strip this year, but I think the teaser in this post, which gave me that idea, was more likely for the collection.) Lacey was also the artist of "Eagles Over the Western Front", which Bear Alley Books has already collected. Another strip Lacey did for the magazine in the period was "No. 13 Marvel Street", about a problem-solving computer.

Original source: http://captaincomics.ning.com/forum/topics/jules-verne

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 07:01:47 PM »
Great detective work there Crash!
Impressive.  :)

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 08:13:09 AM »
Sorry to be so long on this one.  Took me ages to find the starting issue.  I can now reveal -ta-da 8) -  that the story started in L&L # 663, 28th. Sept. 1974, and finished in #706, 26th. July, 1975.  2 pages per week/episode. As crash notes, the art is by the excellent Bill Lacey.
As I've never heard of or read this story, and I'm a Bill Lacey fan, I'll try to find the time to put the story together.  Just don't hold your breath.
Stephen Montgomery