developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: USA, Spirit of Old Glory - The Final Phabox Archive  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
USA, Spirit of Old Glory - The Final Phabox Archive
« on: July 04, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/images/DCM banner55-USA-Archive-Animated.gif
Happy Fourth Everyone!

To help celebrate this holiday I am very happy to debut this, the Final Phabox Archive for everyone. 
Presenting Quality Comic's USA, THE SPIRIT OF OLD GLORY!  Another obscure heroine that fought on the home-front for the red, white and blue!
(CLICK HERE to get it now.)

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/images/forum message pictures/Phabox.jpg

For those that don't recognize the name Phabox (John Nigel Cantwell), he was a collector/scanner who predates the DCM and CB+ sites by several years and was a big part of what made the now mostly dormant Yahoo Groups devoted to comics such a great place to meet and share scans.  A search of the DCM site shows about 100 comic scans made by Nigel but he was especially proud of his Archives which are all here on DCM.  I was lucky to call Nigel my good friend and with me working on the graphics (and later some of the writing) we produced a number of what I think are superior collections for GA fans.  Nigel enjoyed writing about obscure heroines and their creators even producing his own fan-fiction as part of his epic three volume Phantom Lady Archives which he never lived to see completed.

Sadly Nigel unexpectedly passed away on July 19, 2012, almost six years ago now.  He was patiently waiting on me to finish work on the Phantom Lady Fox archive.  He saw parts of the volume but never saw the final product.  Luckily for us he sent an outline of his plans for the third and final Ajax volume which I was able to finish with additional writing by my fellow DCM Staffer and friend OtherEric.  You can find all three volumes in the links below and you can read more about Nigel at the end of this USA Collection.

Here are the links for the other Phabox collections, I hope you will give them a look.  They are all more than just a collection of stories pulled together:

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/images/forum message pictures/Phabox other archives1.jpg

(Clickable links)

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/images/forum message pictures/Phabox other archives2.jpg

Have a great day everyone!
-Yoc

Digital Comic Museum

USA, Spirit of Old Glory - The Final Phabox Archive
« on: July 04, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: USA, Spirit of Old Glory - The Final Phabox Archive
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
It's wonderful to get one last lost Phabox archive.  Thank you for rescuing this for us, Yoc.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:17:06 AM »
It was a real pleasure to know Nigel for several of my early online years.  I was very happy to stumble across the lost intro like I did and had lots of time to put it together for sharing on his suggested target for a release day.  I hope members will enjoy it and his other collections.  We had a lot of fun producing them.  And of course your own help on Phantom Lady v3 was key to seeing it completed.  I know he would have enjoyed seeing it.

-Yoc

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »
A fiery scanner, with the speed of light,
A cloud of pulp paper dust,
And a hearty "Hey Kids, Comics!"

From out of the past comes the great Scanner Phabox…

One last time…

Thanks to Nigel. And thanks to Yoc for putting this last Archive together.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 04:15:50 PM »
I missed seeing Bob's very cute reply here.  It brought a big smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

-Yoc

Offline welepsein

• Banned
  • DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 03:44:18 AM »
awesome. Thank you very much. :-*
Links removed by staff.
Commercial links are forbidden on DCM.

Offline jenslek

• Banned
  • DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 08:17:02 AM »
A fiery scanner, with the speed of light,
A cloud of pulp paper dust,
And a hearty "Hey Kids, Comics!"

From out of the past comes the great Scanner Phabox…

One last time…

Thanks to Nigel. And thanks to Yoc for putting this last Archive together.
Pretty awesome. Love this.
Links removed by staff.
Commercial links are forbidden on DCM.