developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 1847 times)

Offline bromichaelhenry

• DCM Member
Greetings and Salutations
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:12:05 AM »
Hello

I am a very long time lurker of DCM so I felt it was time to say hi.

I became interested in Golden Age comic books (more specifically Centaur) because of Malibu Protectors. I was a senior in high school when they came out and I was intrigued about these characters and publishers I never heard about. Being to poor and broke to buy any GA comics, I mostly did without until the internet and sites like DCM. So thank you for the services you offer to someone like me. Bless you.

Bro. Michael Henry

Digital Comic Museum

Greetings and Salutations
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:12:05 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Greetings and Salutations
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:04:12 AM »
Hi Michael,
I recall the era but Malibu books didn't catch my eye.  I was more into Pacific and First Comics books among others.  I enjoyed the b&w small publishers era with books like The Tick, Roachmill and Nervous Rex.

-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »
Hi, Michael!  I did like R. A. Jones's THE PROTECTORS (Jonesy's a personal friend of mine) but wasn't much into the spinoff titles.  Pleased to meet you!

Offline bromichaelhenry

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:53:03 PM »
Hi

Well at that time, our one and only comic shop that has been in this town was basically a Marvel/DC only shop. So others where a rarity. For me coming from an X-Men/New Mutant and Teen Titan background, Protectors was a blast. Oh and tell "Jonesy" I'm waiting for that 3rd novel in his Centaur/Steel Ring Series xD.

Later