- +

Author Topic: Print on demand books  (Read 833 times)

Offline hillel

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Print on demand books
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forum for some time but just registered to ask some questions and look for help

I like the Crime does not pay series very much and was saddened to see that Dark Horse discontinued their archives  :'(

Also, I'd like to pick up where they left off and produce volume 11 (#62-66) as a fan based high quality non-benefit project. The edition would match Dark Horse's as close as possible and would be remastered from scans, not plain scan prints (look at the attachment)
So I'm doing my due diligence here to make sure uploaders do not have any issue with this

My questions are:
- can we find higher resolution scans like the ones we can see on the Washington's library of congress thread? (http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4690.0.html). this would make the production value much better than the material that's already available on the site
- would here somebody be interested to come and help making those books happen?
- are some of you interested to buy the book once it's released?

I've been trying out different remastering method on Photoshop for the two days. While the result is still not as good as I wish it was, I should be getting there with a bit more work

Digital Comic Museum

Print on demand books
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »

Offline misappear

• DCM Member
Re: Print on demand books
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:50:08 AM »
I was thinking you might have a greater issue facing you in copying Dark Horse's design than you might encounter in reprinting the PD comics.  Have you spoken to Dark Horse about this?  You might want to contact them.  I've always known them to be pragmatic but very approachable people.