- +

Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day from Moth and The Victory Brigade...  (Read 1924 times)

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Happy Valentine's Day from Moth and The Victory Brigade...
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »
Miss Victory: Remember that we're still on high-alert over North Korea's Anti-Ray experiments, so if there are any developments on that then contact me directly.[/size]

Moth: Yup.

Miss Victory: Also, the Amphibian men have been pushing the boundaries of the Indian Ocean Treaty, so do your best to back the UN's play if something happens tonight.

Moth: Uh-huh.

Miss Victory: And keep in mind that we're a big target for Russian hacks, so no more using the monitor equipment to illegally stream HBO and Showtime.

Moth: I know. Now hurry along to your date or Col. Warden is never going to make you MRS. Victory.

Miss Victory: Ah... I was going to thank you for volunteering for monitor duty tonight, but after that little comment I'm going to leave you with one, final warning- If I walk in here tomorrow and it smells like an ashtray again then someone's going to get my patented Victory Punch straight into patrol duty for a month. Is that clear?

Moth: Yes, mom. Now go and enjoy yourself. The world is safe in my capable hands...

Miss Victory: Ugh... Sparky, are you sure you can't stay to babysit him tonight?

Sparky: Come now, Moth is just teasing. I'm sure he'll take this duty with the utmost responsibility. Plus... I have a date with a fireman, so... Just try and enjoy yourself, boss. Mark knows where to find us if there's trouble.

Miss Victory: ...Alright. Just remember, there's only one Earth, and-

Moth: -It's our job to defend it. Now go before I change my mind about volunteering.

Miss Victory: Alright, talk to you both in the morning. Good luck with your fireman, Sparky.

Sparky: And best of luck with your Col. ... Tsk, tsk, lighting up already? You could at least have the decency to wait until she's out of the building.

Moth: She knew what was going to happen as soon as she signed off on me taking monitor duty tonight. I refuse to feel guilty.

Sparky: You know, Mark, I'm curious- this is the second Valentine's Day in a row that you've volunteered for monitor duty. Considering you spend the rest of the year avoiding responsibility like its your hidden super power, I have to ask... why?

Moth: Straight up? I hate Valentine's day. It really bums me out like nothing else. 'Ole VD is a great reminder that I'm alone and remembering that I'm alone is a great reminder of the fact that it's because I'm human garbage. Now, in years past I would spend the day moping and getting all 'woe is me.' Now that I'm a bit older, that all seems just a slight too melodramatic. These days, I figure I might as well do something useful. I mean, sure, I'm alone, but you guys aren't. You all have people you want to be with. The least I can do in the service of love and romance-which I do still believe in- is give you all the time and space to be with the ones you got. So... when the Red Knight or Death Mask or the King of Falcons or whoever inevitably breaks out of prison tonight, I'll be the one to take care of it. Embarrassing one of those jokers will give me purpose and a nice distraction. Plus, if things get boring, I figured out how to jailbreak Dr. Dagon's Time Scope on Reddit. I can use it to peer into the Dead/Velvet Underground shows from April '69 and play them through surround sound over all this cutting edge monitor equipment. Either way, I'm looking forward to my evening.

Sparky: Aww... Mark. You're not human garbage... You're SUPERhuman garbage.

Moth: Thanks, Sparks. I love you too, man. Now off you go.

Sparky: Happy Valentine's Day, Moth.

Moth: Happy Valentine's Day.
[/color]

Digital Comic Museum

Happy Valentine's Day from Moth and The Victory Brigade...
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Happy Valentine's Day from Moth and The Victory Brigade...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:22:24 PM »
Thanks CM, cute.
:)

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Happy Valentine's Day from Moth and The Victory Brigade...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:33:14 AM »
Thanks, Yoc!  :)