- +

Author Topic: Cannot open 2 Green Lama files  (Read 2267 times)

Offline KendraCrossen

• DCM Member
Cannot open 2 Green Lama files
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »
Hi, I'm Kendra Crossen. My father (Kendell Foster Crossen) created the Green Lama. I was trying to download the 8 GL issues and had trouble with #5 and #7. I changed the extension to zip on the downloaded files and opened 6 of them, but for those 2 I got an error message saying: "Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard. The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder."
The folders do not look empty in my File Explorer: Details give 19,870 KB for #5 and 26,270 KB for #7.
Can anyone advise what to do? I tried downloading them again, with the same results.
K-

Digital Comic Museum

Cannot open 2 Green Lama files
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »

Offline CBpop

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Solar Guard
    • Solar Guard Academy
Re: Cannot open 2 Green Lama files
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
It may be that the files are CBR files and changing them to zip files causes the error. It should be a RAR extension.
CBpop

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »
Hi Kendra,
CB here is correct.  These need to be renamed to RAR format, not zip.  You need to find an application that works with RAR files.
I know 7Zip will work with both formats if you are on a windows machine.  If you just want to read them any comic reader app can work with them as-is.

Good luck,
-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:41:06 PM »
Great to see you here, Kendra!  Doing a history of GA heroes and the Green Lama is covered in it.