- +

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Reddave

• DCM Member
Hi!
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »
Hi people,

I'm new around here, but not to the planet as I fast approach my fifth decade! I come from the UK and am an original FOOM member from the 70s and then a JSA appreciation member from the old Yahoo Group a decade or two back.

I got started with comics when I was about four and Marvel started to publish directly in the UK.  Mighty World of Marvel was my intro and I've loved those guys ever since.  I got into the Golden Age when DC started the reprints in the old Giant sized issues from the 70s.  Love the JSA; Seven Soldiers etc.  But then got into Mac Raboy's Green Lama - beautiful.  Looking to see some great stuff here.

Thanks!

Digital Comic Museum

Hi!
« on: May 02, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »
Welcome to the site Dave.
:D

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:40:37 AM »
Hi RedDave,

There is plenty of reading here to suck up all of the free time you can spare. You should love it!

BTW, are you a member of the Scanarama Yahoo group?

Offline Reddave

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »
Ha! Time is limited currently by evil old work, so only just picking this up - sorry!

Not a member of Scanarama yahoo - in fact, haven't been around Yahoo in years.  It got so clunky I abandoned it even though I was a card carrying member of Jim's old JSA group (don't know if you were in that?) and I actually started an Hourman and the JSA Group (now deleted through lack of use I think).

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 12:53:26 PM »
Always nice to see an old JSAAAer again! I too was a card carrying member but nobody ever responded when I pressed the communicator button on the card. I'm beginning to think that it never actually worked... :-\

What was your screen name there? Mine was Steve_Rogers_Captain_America (thus the shortened srca1941).

-Eric

Offline Reddave

• DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
Hi Eric!

My screen name was RexTyler2001! (might have been some punctuation in there to appease the Yahoo gremlins!)

I've still got my card somewhere. Good to hear from you though!  Are there any others of us here? Is Yoc the old 'Yocitrus' (or was it 'Mecitrus' - I'm getting old!)?

Dave

Always nice to see an old JSAAAer again! I too was a card carrying member but nobody ever responded when I pressed the communicator button on the card. I'm beginning to think that it never actually worked... :-\

What was your screen name there? Mine was Steve_Rogers_Captain_America (thus the shortened srca1941).

-Eric

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 08:50:35 PM »
Hi Dave,
Yes, that was me and my Yahoo only name.  Nice to see you've found us here.
:D