developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: FTP access for donations in May 2015 is now over. Our thanks to all who donated!  (Read 22050 times)

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
I'm rolling again! Thanks for the fast fix!

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
I'm rolling again! Thanks for the fast fix!

My pleasure :)

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Just to update anyone reading this, who were having issues connecting. Some users reported they couldn't log in or files were failing to download.

This is caused by a connection limit on the server which states you can only have 'X' connections to the server. Most FTP Clients allow a user to queue up files and download 3 - 5 files at any one time. This was causing issues with our servers limit which was set to 3 connections per user. If you was browsing the FTP Server and downloading 2 files this means you have 3 connections active. Upon your FTP Client attempting to download another file (as well as your current 2 active transfers) your FTP Client will throw a connection issue or a incorrect password error (error 530) due to the server enforcing a max of 3 active connections. These files then tend to get classed as failed.

I have altered the setting on the server to hopefully make it little easier but if you want to make sure you don't hit this limit and cause issues please go into your FTP Client and set max connections to 3. This will set your FTP Client to only use a max of 3 Connections and so never hitting the limit.

Hope this makes sense....  :o

(tweaked this a little to stress the limit  -Yoc)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:47:30 PM by Yoc »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Thought I would make a simple list of all comics on the FTP and their locations:
http://ftp.digitalcomicmuseum.com/comiclist.txt

Plus little placeholder page on FTP url that sums everything up.
http://ftp.digitalcomicmuseum.com/

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
WOW!
Nice work on those Capt!
 ^-^

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
I am having problems with several directories... I can see the files in them, but I get an error message when I go to download them.

For example...

Server said: /Lev Gleason Comics/Comics House Publications/Adventures in Wonderland: No such file or directory
Error -125: remote chdir failed

Same problem with these directories:

American Comics Group
Better
Consolidated Magazines
D.S. Publishing
I. W. Publishing
MLJ

Can you help?

thanks!
Steve

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Hi permpoom,

The reason you are having these issues (I'm guessing) is either:

Because you queued up load of files when server first opened. On first few days we had an issue with these folders you mentioned. We fixed this issue and the folders names were changed.

For example you list:
/Lev Gleason Comics/Comics House Publications/Adventures in Wonderland/

The folder on the current FTP Server says the folder is:
/Lev Gleason Comics - Comics House Publications/Adventures in Wonderland/

So you might want to go through and re-add these to your queue.

2. Your FTP Client has a cached file structure. Refresh the root folder and see if this updates the folder names

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Thanks! That solved the problem. Looks like some directory name changes were stuck. Smooth as silk now.

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
A new error message now...

Error accepting data connection. This could be a problem with firewall or proxy configuration. Try passive mode.

I tried passive mode. No go. Same error. I don't have a firewall and haven't changed any of those sorts of settings since I downloaded last.

appreciate any help!
Steve

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
A new error message now...

Error accepting data connection. This could be a problem with firewall or proxy configuration. Try passive mode.

I tried passive mode. No go. Same error. I don't have a firewall and haven't changed any of those sorts of settings since I downloaded last.

appreciate any help!
Steve

What FTP Client are you using? Taken a look at server and people on there currently downloading and nothing has changed with server.

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
I'm using Transmit on the Mac. Nothing changed here either and I am still able to get into the FTP directory for my website. Hmm...

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
it's acting very strange. The file size of my download roughly corresponds with my donations, so maybe my quota is up. I'll try donating again and see if that fixes it.

Offline permpoom

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Is it creating random new accounts for me still? I tend to think that my allotment is going into a black hole. Unless it just hasn't been updated since I donated again earlier.

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
it's acting very strange. The file size of my download roughly corresponds with my donations, so maybe my quota is up. I'll try donating again and see if that fixes it.

Sorry for delay but I'm GMT based so was fast sleep when you posted here. Yes your quota was up.

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Is it creating random new accounts for me still? I tend to think that my allotment is going into a black hole. Unless it just hasn't been updated since I donated again earlier.

The quota has been already applied. There is a small delay between donation time and allocation but it should be working fine now.