developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: What kind of non-apple tablet do you read your digital comics on?  (Read 2698 times)

Offline thrindle

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Currently I have an Apple iPad with Comic book lover to read digital comics. The only problem I have is that I keep filling up the memory in the iPad, so I have to delete off old scans that I've already read in order to put new ones on. I noticed that some other brands of tablets have chip slots, which would really help managing the memory easily.

So do any of you digital comic readers use a non-apple tablet with memory cards to read/store your digital comics? What tablets and apps do you use? Are you happy with them? I sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: What kind of non-apple tablet do you read your digital comics on?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Hi T,
You've hit the nail on the head with my #1 complaint about the iPad.  It's the main reason I haven't bought one... yet.  So far I haven't seen anything that touches it for quality and especially for light weight.  I keep hoping someone will create something better or Apple will add a slot.  So I haven't bought anything yet but maybe one day....

Anyone else?

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: What kind of non-apple tablet do you read your digital comics on?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
We've been here before and this time wont be the last, I imagine :)
Some of my friends and acquaintances are comics fans, and some of them enjoy digital comics.  Only one uses an I-Pad. The rest, for the most part use Samsung devices and a couple have other android slabs but I forget what brands.  I have no problem with the weight of my Samsung 10 inch tablet, nor do I know if an Apple one is lighter or heavier.  It never entered my head to consider and I-Pad, mainly because of the storage problem.  I have 2 micro S D cards, each 32 GB, which I switch around as required and my pal Vince has a small credit card sized card thingy, with slots, which holds 8 micro SD cards. So neither of us is filling up our internal memories.

The only way round the major space problem with an I-Pad is to use their cloud storage.  That is what they want you to do.  Me, and many others just do not want to do that.
By the way, the quality of reproduction on a (clean) Samsung screen is excellent and I read American downloads form sites such as DCM, Manga and piles of British B&W comics of all different shapes and sizes.  Something like Perfect Viewer lets you adjust the page to fit the screen.  And for the most part, it works well.
Stephen Montgomery