developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Printing from a comic reader  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Dburt

• DCM Member
Printing from a comic reader
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »
Hi,
I'd like to find out how to print out comics right from a comic reader. Are there any that will allow printing right from the page? I only want to print a few panels to include in a manuscript. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Digital Comic Museum

Printing from a comic reader
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:02 PM »

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Printing from a comic reader
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »
Hi D,
You didn't mention if you were on a MAC or a PC.  We would need to know which.

DCM files are one of four types.  CBZ/ZIP or CBR/RAR.  All are just compressed files.
If you rename a CBZ to ZIP or CBR to RAR you can use an app like 7ZIP to extract the page you want which is in a JPG format.  Once you have the file you want you can use any graphic app like the free app IRFANFIEW for instance to crop and print the panels you desire.

Off hand, I don't know of any PC comic scan reader that lets you print directly from within it but maybe someone else here can help.

Good luck!
-Yoc

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:04:45 AM »
Actually, printing a page is easier than that. On a pc using CDisplay ex, a right click brings up an options box and under "File" there is a print option.  You can also save to file and use the snipping tool (under accessories on the all programs list on p.c.) to take out a portion of the page.  Might not get the highest quality but it works.
Stephen Montgomery

Offline Dburt

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
Sorry I didn't mention that I'm using windows 8.1.  I tried the CDisplay ex (an easy download) first and it worked - except I couldn't find any Print option.

I saved as a file in Pictures ( I had to add .jpg in the file name box, otherwise it didn't work)
Just to try it I opened the full page in Paint - selected a single panel - copied it - opened a new file - hit paste - and there it was.
Thanks for your help. The final picture quality is pretty good, too. I'll try the zip - rar option, also, just to see if it works on WIN 8.1.
Cheers,
Dburt

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
Ah.  Thanks Paw.  I haven't used CDisplay Ex in ages.  I'm glad you were able to help out Db here.
:)

Offline tilliban

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
    • FIFTIES HORROR!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
Confirming what Paw was saying.
Using the CDisplay Ex software for reading comic files, there's an easy option to print.
Go click "file" in the menu bar, go down to print, click there - and your printer is chosen.
I've never done it, but SEEMS to work.
 :-\
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:22:21 PM by Yoc »
Pre-code horror aficionado and propagator of ACE comic books.
I run a number of websites about pre-code horror. Please follow the links.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:10:39 PM »
If your on a Mac and using FFView, use Command S to do a save. Any other features you might want to use, go to the pref and look under Input for more.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time