- +

Author Topic: ComicConnect Question  (Read 3102 times)

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
ComicConnect Question
« on: July 28, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
I'm sure some people here have experience with ComicConnect.  According to their shipping policy when you buy they ask the seller to ship to them, then they ship to you and prefer FedEx insured.  This seems like an incredibly expensive and time-consuming way to get a $20 comic.

What kind of cost am I looking at for a $10 or $20 comic? Will they charge for shipping to them? What kind of handling fee will I pay in excess of the actual shipping cost?  What other obvious question(s) am I forgetting to ask?

I really would like to get Tick Tock #2 (I have#3 and will scan when I catch up on Jim's comics) and those two complete the series.

Digital Comic Museum

ComicConnect Question
« on: July 28, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: ComicConnect Question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
I ordered some from them this past weekend.  I don't know how they're doing it, but I was charged a flat rate of (I think) $8.95 for 5 or 6 comics that I ordered from them and the method was something like FedEx ground.  Like you, I noticed that they say they have the book owner ship to them and then they ship to the customer.  Considering all those books need to be shipped to them and then from there back out to us, well, that's a lot of shipping charges that are obviously built into the book cost.  The folks selling these are obviously the ones taking the biggest hit which goes a ways towards explaining why a book with Overstreet value of, say, $25 has an asking price of a few dollars more than that.  By the time you make a counter offer you get worked back down to the guide price and the seller is in the end making a little less than book price.

I also find it interesting that a lot of the same comics on ComicConnect as also listed on Metropolis.  The EXACT same books.

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:21 PM »
Forgot to mention that there were no shipping costs, just that flat $8.95 shipping cost.  You also have the option of shipping faster, but when they say it can take 3 weeks for me to get what I ordered I didn't see what difference a day or two less shipping time to me was.

Offline cimmerian32

• Technogrammaton Comics Moderator
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
  • That damned Scarlet Cimmerian
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 04:20:25 AM »
I ordered some from them this past weekend.  I don't know how they're doing it, but I was charged a flat rate of (I think) $8.95 for 5 or 6 comics that I ordered from them and the method was something like FedEx ground.  Like you, I noticed that they say they have the book owner ship to them and then they ship to the customer.  Considering all those books need to be shipped to them and then from there back out to us, well, that's a lot of shipping charges that are obviously built into the book cost.  The folks selling these are obviously the ones taking the biggest hit which goes a ways towards explaining why a book with Overstreet value of, say, $25 has an asking price of a few dollars more than that.  By the time you make a counter offer you get worked back down to the guide price and the seller is in the end making a little less than book price.

I also find it interesting that a lot of the same comics on ComicConnect as also listed on Metropolis.  The EXACT same books.
ComicConnect is Metropolis. It is their auction venue, and they incorporate some of their buyitnow stock into both venues.
Zap Comics are Squinky comics!

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:01 AM »
Good to know!  I was thinking that it was amazing that everyone selling comics was using the same exact two auction companies ^-^

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
I was not aware of the CConnect/Metropolis connection.  Thanks Cimm.
:)