- +

Author Topic: Gulf Comic/Funny Weekly  (Read 6019 times)

Offline David47Jens

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • The Lair of the Silver Fox.
Re: Gulf Comic/Funny Weekly
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »
Just an update. My PC's operating system is Ubuntu, not Windows, and I've run into snags as far as compressing my scans into the necessary file type(s). And while I appreciate all the helpful info from members and administrators alike so far, I'm going to seek help elsewhere rather than beg on DCM for extensive tech support! That's all for now.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 11:44:33 PM »
Just an update. My PC's operating system is Ubuntu, not Windows, and I've run into snags as far as compressing my scans into the necessary file type(s). And while I appreciate all the helpful info from members and administrators alike so far, I'm going to seek help elsewhere rather than beg on DCM for extensive tech support! That's all for now.

With only four pages per issue, I think we can handle the "zipping" pretty easily for you David. You would just need to up them to either the ftp or to the download page with the correct page numbering. That way you don't have to find the software to do it with. PM me for the ftp info if you need that, OK?

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »
Good suggestion Geo.
We can certainly work with you on these David.

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
 I think the addition of the obscure Gulf Comics issues is important since very little has been written about them and I know of no other location that actually has scans of any issue. I recall a short article on the Gulf material in an issue of the Overstreet guide, and I did see photographs of a few pages of a few issues that were offered on E-Bay, had it not been for those two sources, I wouldn't have known exactly what the discussion was about.

I doubt there is much of any real interest in the entire series, but I think it is important to preserve some issues for posterity.