developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Narf Star's Neat Stuff  (Read 76404 times)

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: Narf Star's Neat Stuff
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »
Yet another narfstar scan up...this time Canadian publisher Superior's U.S. Fighting Air Force #23.  I have another of narf's scans from the same series, but a coverless issue...so no indicia nor # on the cover to ID the issues.  I did my best to research the book from the story titles, but only about half the series carried story titles on the cover, and none of the on-line databases have much detail on the series.

Interesting enough, the issue was reprinted subsequently by I.W. in it's title U.S. Fighting Men #18.  I can't get ahold of that scan, but I don't think I.W. was ever too helpful about citing it's reprint sources.

Ah well...Let me know how and where you would like me to post it...it is a gem of a book, aside from lacking an issue #.

-builderboy

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 11:09:05 PM »
Thanks for the upload guys.
The book is now up.
:D

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
now up: narf's Merry-Go-Round #2, cover-to-cover 52 pages. From Better Publications of Canada. Narf has a nice copy, and indicated that this was a seldom-seen book.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
Thanks guys, going up now.
:)

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
One right up your alley, Yoc...narfstar's scan of JVJ's copy of Amazing Man #09, cover to cover with the exception of the tragically missing centerfold. I have borrowed from Darkmark's fiche copy to make it complete, but the book otherwise is a sweet piece of work.

I remember you are a big Centaur fan

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 06:17:04 AM »
Builderboy's edits really brought my raw scans to a much higher quality. He deserves a lot of credit. He should have a much easier time with Comic Pages and Funny Picture Stories some of them look almost new. Great to have held these books in my hands

Offline dhfh

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 07:31:39 AM »
Builderboy's edits really brought my raw scans to a much higher quality. He deserves a lot of credit. He should have a much easier time with Comic Pages and Funny Picture Stories some of them look almost new. Great to have held these books in my hands

I agree, he is definately to be commended for his edits  :).

I just pointed out on the GAC, though, that this file actually contains edits of Amazing-Man #6, not #9 (assuming it is the exact same file--I haven't downloaded the DCM version to make doubly sure). 

If so, the thumbnail image on the download page also needs to be changed to #6.

Later!

DHFH

Offline erontron

• DCM Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »
Thank you guys for all your hard work! You make it a joy to be a fan of these old comics.

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
sorry for the confusion...in my haste, I may have attached a wrong file at upload time, but I am fairly confident that I have issue #9 to upload

...more on that later

-bb

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »
Well, I have downloaded the file I uploaded to the site (to see if I did the right attachment, which I did), and have cross checked it with the GCD info on the issue.

Sorry, DHFH, but it seems to check out. There is a fantastic scan of issue #6 on the sit by Rolster...maybe you somehow got the two mixed up?

Anyways...on to Comic Pages v3 #6. Get ready!

Also, more Amazing Man paper scans to follow...

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
It might turn out not to be #9, but it's not #6. #6 has the origin of The Shark and my copy has a Shark story other than the origin.

(|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
As a mod, I DLed #6 and 9 over at GAC to check the complaint and I've made essentially the same statement there.  The comic uploaded as #9 may not be #9, but it certainly isn't #6.

Jon

Offline dhfh

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 06:31:16 PM »
Well, I have downloaded the file I uploaded to the site (to see if I did the right attachment, which I did), and have cross checked it with the GCD info on the issue.

Sorry, DHFH, but it seems to check out. There is a fantastic scan of issue #6 on the sit by Rolster...maybe you somehow got the two mixed up?

Anyways...on to Comic Pages v3 #6. Get ready!

Also, more Amazing Man paper scans to follow...

Sorry guys,

It seems that somehow the wrong file came up when I was looking at it this morning.  My mistake!

Again, nice editing work, Builder!

DHFH

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
No sweat, DHFH, and thank you. Thank you, Jon, for investigating the issue. I did my own comparison of the scan with the data at GCD, and it seems checks out, as does the indicia.

Another of JVJ's beauties now up: Comic Pages v3 #6.  Sweeeeeet book.  narfstar scanned it, and gave me the privilege of editing. A labor of love with this book. Thanks to you both.

More Centaur than you can shake a stick at!  And still more to come...

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
Scanning is a chore but it sure beats editing. Everyone needs to give builderboy a pat on the back. I am only able to get them scanned so fast because he takes them completely raw and uncut. He has to straighted and crop each page at the least. Some pages require photo shop although the last few have been really nice straight from the scanner. I have learned that I get better scans especially at the spine if I scan the odd pages upside down. This makes more work for bb but he never complains and I can get the scans out quickly. Down to the last JVJ book to scan now. Centaur superheroes are my favorite GA but I have to admit I do not care for the early general anthology books very much. Still some interesting stuff for those who might enjoy it.